Home > Departments > Craft & Technology Department
Craft & Technology Department
Providing our pupils with opportunities to Explore, eXperience, Create, InnovaTE (EXCITE!), with a Dare-to-Think and Dare-to-Do attitude:
- A person who dares to think understands the current practices, appreciates the rationale behind these practices, and yet has the courage to challenge them and think beyond for greater improvements.
- A person who dares to do puts his/her thinking into actions, initiates new ideas and takes risks, is not afraid to make mistakes and learns from them.
Through the teaching and learning of Art, D&T, F&N and Music, we aim to nurture our
students and staff into compassionate, optimistic, collaborative and creative problem-
|Mdm Fatimah Sawifi||HOD Craft and Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Wang Hong Wei ||SH Design & Technologyemail@example.com|
|Ms Nurrulhuda||Art Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Tay An Na||Art Teacheremail@example.com|
|Ms Chen Pei Lien||D&T Teacher|
|Mr Foo Sheng Hao||D&T Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Yap Heong Teck||D&T Teacheremail@example.com|
|Ms Ng Mei Ferng||F&N Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Ms Siti Arnie Mohd Affandi
|Ms Nur Diana Jailani||F&N Teacheremail@example.com|
|Mr Vu Tien Dat||Music Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Khoo Mei Imm Faith||Music Teacheremail@example.com|
|Mdm Cindy Goh Kiah Ling||Music Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Farah Dilla Sulaiman||Allied Educator, Artemail@example.com|
Mr Rohim Saat
Mr Tan Eng Khwan
Curriculum Approach for Craft & Technology
Curriculum is designed along inquiry-based approach to increase intellectual engagement
and foster deep understanding through authentic and meaningful tasks, and research-based disposition towards teaching and learning.
This is to supplement the interconnected nature of knowledge construction, striving to
provide opportunities for both teachers and students to collaboratively build, test and
reflect on their learning.
Inquiry-Based Learning is introduced in lessons and in the process of making, which makes
students’ learning experiences relevant and in alignment to 21CC through:
- developing competencies in the respective crafts through foundational knowledge, skills, and application in the craftwork/artefact and skills at lower secondary level;
- use critical thinking and to synthesize the knowledge and skills gain through process thinking skills at upper secondary level;
- enable pupils to experience the personal satisfaction and enjoyment in successfully completing tasks while enhancing their awareness of, and respect for, the values, attitudes and contributions of others through experiential and authentic learning, in tandem with Collaborative Learning and Self-Directed Learning;
- use of Art Inquiry Model to for Inquiry-based Art Lesson Design and Design Thinking processes for D&T and F&N lesson design; and
- integrating ICT into music lessons to engage pupils in self-directed learning and collaborative experiences.
Adopts AfL and Visible Thinking Strategies across the different units which includes
Formative Assessment with the following strategies:
- Peer Evaluation; and
- Rubric-Based Criterion Referencing