Home > Partners > Triple P Positive Parenting Programme
Triple P Positive Parenting Programme
Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P)
WHAT IS TRIPLE P?
The three Ps in 'Triple P' stand for Positive Parenting Programme. It is a parenting and family support strategy designed to prevent behavioural and emotional problems in children.
HOW IT HAS HELPED PARENTS
It has benefited more than 23,000 parents in Singapore with participants reporting an improvement in parenting competence, lowered parenting stress and reduced behavioural problems in children.
HOW IS IT CONDUCTED
Conducted at 3 different levels:
- Large group seminars (Level 2) - Seminars are held over 3 sessions and cover key concepts of Triple P packed with ideas to help make raising kids easier.
- Individual consultations (Level 3) - One to one consultations to help parents manage one or two specific behaviour problems that are a current concern.
- Group Sessions (Level 4) – Group work are for parents who are interested in gaining a more in-depth understanding of Positive Parenting Strategies. It consists of 5 group sessions followed by three phone consultations to reinforce the strategies.
WHAT PARENTS SAY
Parents who have attended the programmes reported:
- Reduction in negative emotional state
- Reduction in children's difficult behaviours
- Improvement in parenting competency
- Decrease in parenting stress
WHAT SCHOOL LEADERS SAY
“Triple P Level 2 seminars teach very ‘down to earth’ and ‘doable’ stuff that parents can try out. I’ve personally tried out some of the strategies with my own children and found them workable. The tip sheets come in handy too."- Principal, St Theresa’s Convent
HOW DO I SIGN UP TO FIND OUT MORE
Fill in the form at https://go.fycs.org/PSPEnquiryForm or scan the QR code to let us know your interest. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT TRIPLE P
Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo8XE2yQStg or Link